1. What is the best perk that you have had at a job?
My first “proper” job was in a travel company. The job was very dull, but I got cracking discounts on holidays and lots of room upgrades. Also, when I was a teenager I worked in a video shop and got to go to preview screenings of films which was very cool and also whenever the freezer broke down I got to eat and take home lots of Haagen Dazs.
2. What’s your least favourite mode of transportation?
Planes. I am absolutely terrified of flying; A bit like BA Baracas. No one wants to be next to me on a plane - I pretty much weep the whole way.
3. What is your favourite movie?
The Railway Children - it’s so old fashioned. When Mother sells a story they can afford buns for tea. What more could you want?
4. What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod/MP3/CD Player?
Mott the Hoople, “All the Young Dudes”. David Bowie wrote the song and it is a work of genius.
5. What’s your favourite indoor/outdoor activity/hobby?
Skiing and being in the mountains. It just makes me so happy.
6. If you had a time machine, what point in the past or future would you visit?
I’d love to go back to when my grandparents were young. On both sides of my family they had a tough childhood but they thrived. My nan once said that they had it so much harder than we have it today but they were so much happier.
7. If you could host a talk show, who would be your first guest?
David Bowie. I find him fascinating.