The rates from 1 April 2017 will be:
- £7.50 per hour - 25 yrs old and over
- £7.05 per hour - 21-24 yrs old
- £5.60 per hour - 18-20 yrs old
- £4.05 per hour - 16-17 yrs old
- £3.50 for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over who are in the first year of apprenticeship.
Remember that casual workers and agency workers are also entitled to these rates.
Family Related Pay:
- The weekly rate of statutory maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental pay will increase to £140.98 for pay weeks commencing on or after 2 April 2017.
- The weekly rate of statutory sick pay will increase to £89.35 from 6 April 2017.
New limits on employment statutory redundancy pay come into force on 6 April 2017.
Employers that dismiss employees for redundancy must pay those with two years’ service an amount based on the employee’s weekly pay, length of service and age.
The weekly pay is subject to a maximum amount. From 6 April 2017, this is £489, increasing from £479.